Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Gingersnap Verdict

I baked the gingersnap cookies... and I give them a gold star! They're definitely not the prettiest cookies (they look like slices of spam... that's probably enough to gross you out of trying them), but all is forgotten once you take a bite! I followed the directions exactly, but I think next time I will increase the ginger and black pepper content because I like my gingersnaps snappy! I also went the cheap route and bought foil loaf pans, which weren't too effective in making the edges of the cookies smooth. I definitely recommend glass if you have them.

I baked them all tonight for the Enrichment Activity tomorrow. Rebecca was over, tried a few, and she likes them as well.

They're really easy to make... the only uncommon ingredient you'd probably have to buy is a jar of molasses, which I got on sale for $2.50 (and ginger if that's not a staple in your kitchen... I recommend fresh grated ginger). And the great thing is you can whip them up, freeze them, then make as many as you want whenever you want. All you have to do is cut a thin slice off and bake. Oh, I also bake them for about 14 minutes, 2 minutes longer than the recipe calls for. And the thinner the better... if you bake them thicker (as in 1/8 inch), they'll end up being a little chewy in the middle.

Hmm, I think those are all the lessons learned. I'll probably bake them again for Christmas!

Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home